5 Tips to Relieve Stress after Finals Week
By Katelyn Smith
Finals week is quite possibly the worst week of the school year. Everyone is a sleep deprived zombie with an anvil of stress sitting on their shoulders. It can be tricky to get rid of that anvil, even when all those bubbles are filled in and the scantrons are turned in. Here are some tips to help relieve that stress:
1. Have a movie night with friends. Two of the best stress relievers are friends and movies, but when you put them together you might just forget school exists all together.
2. Light a candle. Smell is one of the major senses that triggers memories. Light a candle that reminds you of something happy, and bask in the sweet smell of joyful memories.
3. Eat some chocolate! Chocolate releases endorphins, chemicals that travel to your brain and make you happy, so eat as much chocolate as you want, and if someone asks, it’s for your mental health.
4. Draw something. After putting your mind through about a thousand review packets, you need to let your brain get a little creative!
5. Exercise. Even though most people hate exercise, it also releases endorphins. That’s why it’s called a runner’s high.